Got questions about renting and chartering with us. Hopefully we cover a lot of those below but if you still have some charter renting questions feel free to give us a call. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm however we do make time off the clock to field all your concerns.
Call Us: (512)828-7979
Test Us: (512)828-7477
Can we bring our own food and drinks?
Yes! Please bring any food and drink you’d like to enjoy on your charter, all that we ask is you DO NOT bring anything red. (ie. red wine, fruit punch, beets etc.) or Jell-O shots.
We highly recommend our friends at Beachside Billy’s. Not only is their food fantastic and great for sailing adventures, we can have it brought directly to your boat to make your arrival even easier.
Beachside Billy’s Website
What should I bring for our cruise?
Here’s some suggestions of commonly missed items.
If you forget anything you’ll have a chance to snag those last minute items at the store at VIP Marina.
*****You must bring properly fitting life vest for every child 13 years and under.******
Can we decorate your boat for our special occasion?
Absolutely! We highly encourage you to decorate to make your special occasion even more memorable. We ask that you do not bring the following:
Red Crepe paper
Can you pick up and drop off at another location?
We can ONLY pick up and drop off from our dock. We can not pick up or drop off at other marinas, private docks etc.
What is your bad weather policy?
Austin weather is unlike anywhere else. What starts out as a dreary day can turn into a beautiful afternoon and vice versa. Because of this the captain will make all calls about the weather. Cancellations due to severe weather will be determined on your rental day. We do not cancel due to weather forecasts. On the date of your reservation, the Port Captain will determine if we need to reschedule due to weather. In this event, you are eligible to reschedule for the next available date that works for your schedule at no cost to you. If the renter still would like to cancel or reschedule, our usual policies apply. Until this decision is made by the Port Captain, we request that you still come to the dock and prepare to have a wonderful time. It’s Texas, the weather changes quickly, so don’t panic.
Do you have floats for swimming?
Yes! We have more noodles then you’ll know what to do with as well as a Lily Pad which is available upon request and at the discretion of the captain and crew. Please let us know if you intend to swim when booking your reservations so we can prepare for it.
Can we cook onboard?
No. There is no cooking on board. We do have a fridge to keep food cold and a microwave to reheat.
Can we go to Devil’s Cove?
Our captain will make the decision based on weather, wind and safe anchoring for which cove is appropriate for your charter. Your safety is our chief concern and all these factors come into play for your journey.
Do your boats come with fridges and coolers?
Yes. We have fridges that you are welcome to use to keep your food and drinks cold as well as a large cooler that we will provide ice for.
Do your boats come with Captains?
Yes. Our boats come with a registered captain and crew. We do not book our boats for self captaining.
Can we swim off your pirate ship, The Goonie Ghost?
The Goonie Ghost is not an anchored vessel and is not swimmable on her own. The only way to swim from The Goonie Ghost is to book both Little Drama and her for a party barge. Due to her size and weight we will not connect our pirate ship to any other boat except our own.
How do I secure my reservation with you?
All reservations require a 50% deposit, half of which is nonrefundable.
Can we rent a jet ski with our yacht charter?
We do not offer jet skies in our fleet at this time.
Do we have the option to book overnight stays?
No, we only offer chartered cruises for the daylight hours.
Do you have a stereo on board.
Yes! We have wireless bluetooth on board and you will be able to play any music you wish from your devices. Be prepared to pick the song of the summer to theme your journey.
Are there any more rules we should know?
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the boat.
- We do NOT provide towels, sunscreen, or other personal items. If you arrive and realize you have forgotten something, these items can be purchased from the VIP Marina store.
- No Feminine products are to be flushed down the toilet. And cost for damages to our system related to this will be assumed by the renter.
- No pets, silly string, confetti, red drinks are allowed on board. These items result in additional cleaning that are difficult to remove. Damages resulting in these items will be assumed by the renter.
- We request that you arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled reservation to allow time to board the boat and take care of any last minute details before leaving our dock.
- If you are late for your reservation you are still financially responsible for the original start time. If you wish to add more time to your reservation at an additional cost we can accommodate this if we have no other bookings after yours and our crew are available for a longer cruise.
- For your safety we will require you to remove your shoes before boarding any of our boats. Your shoes will be stored for you on the vessel for your convenience.
Additional Things to Know
- Renter must sign the Rental Contract to complete the reservation.
- Each passenger must sign a release of liability waiver before boarding the boat. One is provided at the time of booking and that each person is to sign and it can hand to our port captain before boarding our boats.
- The boat is to be operated by the captain assigned and his crew only. There is no lifeguard on duty for swimming related activities, you are responsible for yourself and your party’s personal safety. Please follow all safety instructions provided verbally by our captain prior to departing.
- In accordance with Texas Parks and Wildlife Guidelines all children under 12 must wear a life jacket at all times aboard our boats. Please provide life jackets for any guest under 12 or they will not be allowed on the dock or aboard the boat.
- Alcoholic beverages brought by the renter are to be consumed responsibly. If the captain deems that you or one of your guests are intoxicated we reserve the right to take the necessary actions for your safety and the safety of others.
- A $500 damage deposit will be required on the day of booking and will be released at the end of the day if there are no apparent damages once your visit with us has been completed.
Charter Cancellation Policy
*If canceling within 7 days of your reservation, you have the option to reschedule on another available date for a 10% rescheduling fee (for up to one year from the original reservation date) or you can cancel with a 25% cancellation fee.
*WEATHER CANCELLATIONS : Cancellations due to severe weather are determined on your rental day. We do not cancel due to weather forecasts. On the date of your reservation, the Port Captain will determine if we need to reschedule due to weather. In this event, you are eligible to reschedule for the next available date that works for your schedule at no cost to you. If the renter still would like to cancel or reschedule, our usual policies apply. Until this decision is made by the Port Captain, we request that you still come to the dock and prepare to have a wonderful time. It’s Texas, the weather changes quickly, so don’t panic.
Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen, towels, and child life jackets. However, if you forget something, don’t worry, the VIP Ship Store is well stocked with everything you need… and more.